School for Amazing Kids has been a pioneer in early education for more than 35 years. We provide a nurturing and loving environment for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years year-round and expand our services to include ages 6-12 during the summer months. We are passionate about making a positive impact on young lives and setting them up for a lifetime of learning. We do this by caring deeply about each child, nurturing their curious spirits and shaping their fertile minds by guiding them through our Learn-at-Play™ curriculum, Frog Street Press and Handwriting without Tears.
Our Co-Directors serve an important leadership role at our schools. Not only do they help the Director serve over 100 families, manage 10-20 full and part time teachers and staff but they work hard to inspire teachers, participate in creating dynamic, imaginative events, activities and lessons plan and create relationships with parents in order to help children reach their full potential. More than anything they serve as an inspirer and role model to our teachers who are consistently focused on guiding and nurturing children to learn through our trade-marked curriculum, Learn-at-Play™. We say, “The love of learning starts here,” and we mean it!
Our mission statement is, “We care for people, investing our lives into theirs for a return that pleases God.” We take that mission very seriously.
“We care for people…” that means we care for the children who attend our school, of course, but it also means that we care for their moms and dads and grandpas and grandmas and in a VERY BIG way it means that we care for our team members and everyone who walks through our doors.
Those who join our leadership team rarely leave because we truly “invest our lives into theirs.” That means that we sincerely want you to succeed, grow and flourish. Our directors and co-directors don’t consider their roles with us a job but a calling. We do everything we can to support your growth as a professional but also consider you part of our extended family.
“…for a return that pleases God…” Whether you are a Christian or not we abide by the Christian principles of trust, honesty, integrity and love. How you will be treated as a member of our extended family is how we would treat a friend in the eyes of God. We expect you will do the same for the children you care for, the parents you partner with and the colleagues you engage with day to day.
A significant commitment to our mission statement and core values, as demonstrated by your leadership accomplishments, post-secondary education and/or work history is more important to us than an impressive resume with multiple degrees.
As a Co-Director you will:
- Play a fundamental role in the life and development of a young child
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment through your voice, your attitude, the activities you plan, etc.
- Assist the Center Director in leading teaching staff, supporting families, and achieving enrollment and operational objectives
- Maintain a consistent schedule that meets state licensing guidelines and the values of School for Amazing Kids
- Build children’s self-esteem through positive guidance and nurturing
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner to parents, communicating with them compassionately to ensure the health, growth and development of their child
- Observe and document children’s progress and development through our Ready For Life Assessments
- Represent the culture of School for Amazing Kids everyday by having an upbeat, friendly, approachable and professional demeanor
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and upper management
- Act as a team player with all staff for the well-being of the children and the cohesion of the entire team including upper management
- Serve in various roles as needed including teacher, cook and/or driver
- Other duties as assigned
- Sing, dance, play games and be silly as needed
The ideal candidate:
- Sincerely desires to serve others and make a difference every day
- Builds relationships with parents and caregivers to establish a trusted partnership
- Desires to grow as a leader and encourage others to do the same
- Forms solid connections with coworkers and contributes to the team dynamic
- Possesses outstanding communication skills—both written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong organizational and customer service skills
- Is able to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- Easily solves problems with little supervision
- Possesses 1-3 years experience in early education
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Must be able to use a computer and tablet with basic proficiency
- Capable of lifting minimum of 40 pounds and work indoors and outdoors
- Assume postures in low levels in order to interact and engage with children
- Is willing to live our mission statement: “We care for people, investing in their lives for a return that pleases God.”
Our team members enjoy:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
- Discounted Childcare
- Paid Vacations (for full time employees)
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- 401K Plan
- Free meals while working
Before applying, please review our mission and core values. These are very near and dear to our hearts and it’s important that they resonate with you as you will be expected to uphold the integrity of our mission and values if you join our team.
To apply please submit a letter of interest and your resume to Katie at In your letter of interest, please include your own personal mission statement and core values. Entitle your email “Application for Co-Director Position.” We look forward to hearing from you!