Studies show that the only way to deal with the greatest challenges facing our country today is focusing on the development of children beginning at birth. This compelling video below from the Ounce of Prevention Fund, clearly demonstrates how the achievement gap appears long before children reach kindergarten. In some cases it can be noticed in children before they have their first birthday.
Children who don’t receive a high-quality early childhood education are:
- 25% more likely to drop out of school
- 40% more likely to become a teen parent
- 50% more likely to be placed in special education
- 60% more likely to never attend college
- 70% more likely to be arrested for a violent crime
View the video below and see how changing the first five years changes everything in the life of a child.