Watch Handwriting Without Tears™ in Action
- Handwriting Lesson: Teaching Children to Write Their Name
- Handwriting Lesson: Using Capital Letter Cards
- Using Paper with Double Lines for Handwriting
- Developing Body Awareness: Building and Drawing Mat Man
- Song: Teaching and Drawing Shapes
- Song: Tracing Capital Letters
- Song: Teaching the Proper Pencil Grip
We believe in the power of the written word at School for Amazing Kids. That’s why we’ve implemented the handwriting program that is used by millions of students all over the world: Handwriting Without Tears. This easy-to-teach, easy-to-learn curriculum makes handwriting mastery joyful for students and their teachers.
Research supports the active teaching of handwriting. Recent findings demonstrate that writing by hand improves creative writing skills and fine motor skills. In fact, elementary students have been found to write more and faster by hand than when keyboarding.
Children and teachers succeed with the Handwriting Without Tears program. Here’s why:
- Letter and Number style is developmentally appropriate and easy to read.
- Unique workbook features make handwriting easy to teach and learn.
- Multisensory teaching strategies appeal to all learning styles.
- Student lessons take only 15 minutes a day.
HWT enables children to write with ease and confidence, express their thoughts on paper, and finish their work.
The result? Better test scores and improved academic performance!
What Educators are Saying
“My teachers are loving Handwriting Without Tears. Today, a kindergarten teacher told me that when her students come to school, they beg to do penmanship!”
— Stephanie Youngerman, Educational Services Supervisor – Language Arts
“Using Handwriting Without Tears®, our pre-kindergarten and kindergarten children meet higher standards for letter recognition, correct letter formation and directionality.”
— Judy Walker, Principal, Central Elementary School, Stephenville, TX